Paris, November 17th, 2022
- New programme will transform the energy footprint of Danone’s sites worldwide, significantly upweighting renewable energy sources
- Harnesses digital innovation, operational excellence and local partnerships to power growth
- Unites performance and sustainability, marking further progress against Renew Danone strategy
Danone today announces a Global Energy Excellence Programme, Re-Fuel Danone, to transform the energy footprint of its sites worldwide and make its operations more agile, energy and cost efficient, resilient and more sustainable.
To deliver the ambitious programme, Danone will harness digital innovation and its existing engineering expertise to drive energy efficiency and accelerate its decarbonisation journey. It will also expand on partnerships with local renewable energy providers to increase energy resilience and create shared value in the communities where it operates.
The Re-Fuel programme will see Danone:
- improve energy efficiency by 30% by 2025
- significantly increase its use of renewable energy, such as biogas, biomass, solar and hydrogen
- 100% of electricity will be from renewable sources and half of all energy will come from renewable sources by 2030
- reduce the company’s scope 1 & 2 emissions by a minimum of 42% by 2030