Palaiseau, May 16, 2022
The Danone Institute International, in collaboration with the Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale, launches the 3rd Edition of the Danone International Prize for Alimentation (DIPA). The aim of the award is to reward and encourage innovative and multi-disciplinary scientific research, led by mid-career researchers on the topic of Alimentation.
The Call for Applications is open worldwide and until October 16th, 2022.
The purpose of the DIPA is to encourage and support cutting edge, innovative and multidisciplinary scientific research in Alimentation, which is the umbrella term for sustainable eating and drinking practices that contribute to the health of individuals, including food choice, purchase, preparation, cooking and meal organization, and their determinants.
The DIPA 100,000 Euros prize intends to raise the profile and accelerate the career of a mid-career researcher, as well as develop knowledge on the topic and inspire junior researchers. The DIPA aims to:
- advance understanding of Alimentation through cutting edge research;
- encourage and inspire pioneering advances that integrate lifestyle, cultural, socio-economic and environmental approaches into research on sustainable healthy diets;
- promote a multi-disciplinary view and boost collaboration between the different disciplines affecting nutrition, from psychology to economics;
- support talented and highly motivated mid-career researchers whose work contributes to scientific excellence in the field of Alimentation.
Who can apply and how?
The DIPA will recognize the work of a single researcher, or a representative of a research team, who is leading a pioneering and collaborative approach on Alimentation and is open to mid-career research scientists working for a non-for-profit organization and from a variety of scientific disciplines within Alimentation, including behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, environmental sciences, economics, and cultural studies. The application is made by downloading the application file on www.danoneinstitute.org or requesting it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and following the instructions.
Call for Applications
The DIPA Call for Applications is open until 16 October 2022. Applications initially involve submission of a summary of the applicant’s work to be evaluated by the DIPA Selection Committee, followed by the selection of a short list of around ten final applications for final evaluation. The short-listed applicants are asked to prepare a full proposal for consideration by the DIPA Jury, chaired by a leading international expert in the field of Alimentation.
- The Danone Institute International (DII) is a not-for-profit association aiming to contribute to the improvement of public health by the progress of scientific research and education in the fields of nutrition and food, as well as by the dissemination of knowledge on links between nutrition, food and health. The association gathers a network of 11 Institutes in the 4 continents and holds a scientific network of correspondent members in Canada, Brazil, and United Kingdom.
- The Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale (FRM) aims to contribute to the development of pioneering and innovative French medical research, leading to medical advances for all. It is an independent organization, which operates through the generosity of its donors.
Phone number: [tel:+33 1 40 70 11 89]