Paris, March 1, 2023
Eight mid-career researchers from Africa, Asia, Europe and North America are the finalists of the 3rd Edition of the Danone International Prize for Alimentation
"The DIPA is a unique award, as it is mid-career award that recognizes emerging leaders in the field of Alimentation. The aim is to support innovative, multidisciplinary research on sustainable healthy diets. I’m sure the Jury of the DIPA will have a hard task to identify the next Laureate."
Prof. Suzanne Higgs, PhD (School of Psychology, University of Birmingham, UK), President of the Danone Institute International chaired the Selection Committee of the DIPA 3rd Edition.
- Prof. Stephanie ANZMAN-FRASCA (University at Buffalo, USA)
- Prof Vicky DRAPEAU (Laval University, Canada)
- Prof. Heather EICHER-MILLER (Purdue University, USA)
- Prof. Montserrat FITO-COLOMER (Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute, Spain)
- Prof. Misty HAWKINS (Indiana University, USA)
- Prof Julie LUMENG (Michigan University, USA)
- Prof. Afework MULUGETA (School of Public Health, Mekelle University, Ethiopia)
- Prof. Kitti SRANACHAROENPONG (Institute of Nutrition, Mahidol University, Thailand)
This 3rd edition of DIPA attracted twenty (20) applications from all continents and was marked by the diversity of profiles and research proposed. Overarching themes were a concern for climatic issues and the impact of diet practices on human and planetary health.
All the eight (8) preselected applications have in common a strong collaborative research ethos, a willingness to disseminate knowledge to wide audiences and potential for high impact. They represent cutting edge and multidisciplinary scientific research programs from prestigious universities around the world.
About the Danone International Prize for Alimentation, DIPA
- The Danone Institute International (DII) is a not-for-profit organization aiming to promote human health through developing and disseminating knowledge about the links between food and health, and to highlight the importance of nutrition in health.
- The “Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale” (FRM) aims to contribute to the development of pioneering and innovative medical research, leading to medical advances for all. It is an independent organization that operates through the generosity of its donors.
- For further details about the DIPA and a short presentation of the finalists, please visit: www.danoneinstitute.org or contact the DIPA Prize Secretary (email@example.com)